Why Choose “Take on Nepal” for your Trip to Nepal?
Take On Nepal provide volunteers with a rich and meaningful cultural experience in Nepal. In doing so, Take On Nepal is committed to:
- Improving the standard of education received by children in remote Nepalese villages
- Providing employment and training opportunities to some of the most disadvantaged people in Nepal, in particular women
- Promoting Nepal as an adventure destination for travellers searching for a purposeful experience
- Ending child trafficking through educational programs facilitated by volunteers in the villages of Nepal
- Providing a professional and affordable program with meaningful outcomes for both the villagers and volunteers
Is Volunteering in Nepal for you?
Volunteering requires flexibility and patience. Volunteers never go to teach western ways, nor are they there to rescue people. They go to share their energy and time, to experience Nepalese culture first hand and to grow themselves.
Are you open enough to accept and respect a culture no matter how different it is to your own?
This may be one of the most difficult parts of your volunteer experience. There will be aspects of the local culture that confound your sense of logic or challenge your sense of justice. However, remember you are the visitor. No solitary volunteer can change centuries of tradition or culture. You must look deep inside yourself and determine if you are flexible enough to respect the local culture before you go.
Message to Parents
We congratulate you on your decision to explore volunteer opportunities for your children. We know that sending them to Nepal and having them leave all that is familiar behind can be a big decision. However, it can also be a valuable and life changing experience for them. Most of our volunteers have found their Take on Nepal experience highly rewarding as they returned home with life changing experiences and memories.
Please read below some information that will assist you in understanding the measures that we have put in place to ensure that your child’s experience will be meaningful and safe.
The safety of your child is our number one concern. Travelling with Take on Nepal ensures a safe and meaningful experience.
- Our itineraries are paced to allow for best possible acclimatisation
- Our trek leaders are trained in First Aid
- All staff are police checked
- Our trained staff and team of cooks provide hygienic as well as fresh, nutritious meals
- Full Risk Assessment available on request
We offer a unique and memorable experience of a lifetime
Your child’s time in Nepal will offer challenges, adventure and excitement. They will experience first hand village life in remote Nepal. Your child will live alongside the locals and impact their lives through the Village Community Program.
Skilled and Trained Staff
Our staff here in Australia and in Nepal are provided with regular training. Our Nepali team have a vast amount of knowledge and skills in adventure and trekking, and hold current first aid certificates.
Our leader in Australia, Som, is from Nepal and worked extensively as a guide for many years before settling in Australia in 2001. Som’s invaluable knowledge will guarantee students an incredible experience.
A Take On Nepal team member will provide extensive pre-departure support for all volunteers going to Nepal. This pre-departure support includes:
- A lengthy telephone conversation upon receipt of the application outlining what to expect and answering any questions from the applicant
- Regular emails outlining preparation milestones to ensure they are being met
- Contact person available by email and telephone to answer your questions and to support you with your preparation
- 24 hour back-up and support
Please Call Us
If you have any questions about of our programs or the volunteer journey of your children, please feel free to call us.
Mobile: 0466 400 415