21 Day Pokhara Volunteering and Annapurna Trek 2017 & 2018
This is a unique opportunity to enjoy one of the most spectacular short treks available in Nepal. You will see of some of the highest peaks in the world while passing through traditional Gurung villages and rhododendron forests, and spend some time at a renowned hot spring. After your trek you will begin your volunteer placement at the children’s home. The home houses forty five children aged between five and sixteen, all from different villages in the Mustang region.
Mustang has a harsh environment and for six months of the year is covered in snow, making it difficult for many children to travel to school. This is the main reason the children are being cared for in Pokhara. Some are orphans, some have only one parent, while others are from financially poor families who are not in a position to afford school fees. The children’s home works towards providing the children with a quality education in a caring home environment. The home also aims to preserve the unique Tibetan culture and traditions that are so close to extinction.
Upon completion of your volunteer placement, you will return to Kathmandu where you will enjoy a day of rest before the program ends.
Which Costs are Included in our 21 Day Program?
- All accommodation.
- Most meals.
- All food and accommodation during the trek and your volunteer placement.
- A professional English speaking tour guide and for orientation and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Entry into all cultural sites and National Parks.
- All transportation within Nepal.
- All government fees and taxes.
Which Costs are Not Included?
- Nepal Visa fee.
- Your international airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills and bottled water. Though we don’t cover these costs, our guide will be able to assist you in locating anything you need.
Cost: AUS $1,690 pp
All groups begin on the 10th of every month, from May 2016 to May 2017.
Minimum per group is one individual up to a maximum group size of eight.